An International Conference from the Comfort of Your Own Home!
Due to the uncertainties and restrictions inflicted by the #COVID19 pandemic, and for everyone's safety following the Health Organization's recommendations, it is in everyone's interest to host the conference online. As pioneers of this movement, IEREK is proud to be hosting this conference online. IEREK believes that rather than giving in to this disease and stopping our progress, pushing forward is of utmost importance.
So, how can participating in an international Video Conference boost your career, future potentials, and experience?
Obtain an internationally accredited certification of participation which could boost your future academic career opportunities.
Save costs of travel & accommodation.
Discuss your research paper online with professors, stakeholders, and other authors (Online Oral Presentation).
Make sure that your paper will get the maximum exposure in front of a relevant audience, as we share samples of publications within our weekly newsletter and online platforms.
About the GU 4th Edition:
Following the success of the previous editions launched in 2016, 2018 and 2019, The 4th International Conference “Green Urbanism (GU)” will be held this year (2020) in association with Roma Tre University, Rome, Italy.
Green Urbanism, as a broad term, strives to minimize the usage of energy, water and several other resources in a bigger attempt to create a sustainable city which operates in many layers that include the design of public and private spaces, circulation, services, and imposing a more efficient and approachable lifestyle. In contribution, IEREK organizes this conference to provide clear insights on the many layers that are required to recognize “Greens” to the city’s urban fabric in order to be operated more sustainably.
The 4th version of the Green Urbanism conference, therefore, discusses the importance of green urbanism for cities’ sustainable development. It aims to link the concept of sustainability to the available natural resources with innovative approaches to energy efficiency, as well as provide green solutions to problems and challenges our world still faces.
A stepping stone towards a better environment is driving cities towards green urbanism, especially, since there seems to be an increasing demand to restructure existing cities, to make them more compact, through mixed-use and polycentric ideologies. Green urbanism combines the work of engineers, urban planners, economists, transport planners, architects, and everyone in between, in hopes of improving the relationship between mankind and its environment.
There are several principles that are applied and associated with Green Urbanism including climate change, zero waste cities, sustainable transportation, mixed-use, and efficient spaces. Strategies for cities in developing countries and other several principles will also be discussed and presented in the proceedings of this upcoming conference.
In this regard, IEREK is consistently organizing this series with the theme of Green Urbanism in order to deal with cross-cut issues in architecture and urban design with the goal of touching on the different aspects that are associated with the ways to reach harmony and functionality. For instance; the advancing technologies in energy systems, green transportation systems, waste and water management, and passive and active strategies into contemporary urban design towards the improved environmental performance of our cities taking into consideration the conservation of its ecology system.
The significance of this conference lies within the pressing need for incorporating the principles of sustainability into the urban design processes and the general need for sustainable development which will be of particular relevance to the rapid urban growth of developing cities.
1. Principles of Green Urbanism
1.1 The Evolution of Green Urbanism
1.2 Formulating the Principles of Green Urbanism
1.3. Urban Design for Nature, Conservation of Natural Resources
1.4 Passive Designs: Green Buildings for Sustainable Use
1.5 Green Districts: Bike, Cycles, and Pedestrians’ Corridors
2. Green Urbanism for a Greener Future
2.1 Urban Growth of Developing Cities
2.2 City Urban Form and Natural Resources
2.3 Landscape, Gardens, Streetscapes, and Urban Biodiversity
2.4 Urbanization of Rural Area: Energy, Water, and Food Security
2.5 Urban Governance, Leadership, Best Practices, Research, and Awareness
3. Green Infrastructure and Sustainable Environment
3.1 Green Infrastructure and Social Services
3.2 Sustainable Freight Transport and Supply Chains
3.3 Strategies of Urban Sustainable Public Transport
3.4 Urban Information and Communications Technology (ICT) and Sustainable Networks
3.5. Innovation and Advancing in Urban Design
4. Improving and Strengthening the Urban Performance
4.1 Regeneration of the City Center and Urban Transit Hubs
4.2 Waste Management, Pollution, and Health Risks
4.3 Energy Efficiency in the Built Environment
4.4 Effects of Sustainable Environments on Human Health
4.5. Advancing Solutions towards Zero Waste Cities
5. Transformation to Green Environment
5.1. Green Initiatives for Sustainable Development
5.2. Innovations and Technologies towards Built Environment
5.3. Creative Environments: Sustainable Places of Living, Working, and Recreation
5.4. Urban Ventilation: Confrontation of Heat Island Effect
5.5 International Case Studies: Strategies for New Cities' Proposals in Developing Countries
Abstract Submissions Deadline
31 Jul 2020
Last Notification for Abstract Acceptance
05 Aug 2020
Full Paper Submission Deadline
20 Oct 2020
Last Notification for Full-Paper Acceptance
31 Oct 2020
Early Payment Deadline
31 Oct 2020
Regular Payment Deadline
31 Oct 2020
Late Payment Deadline
23 Nov 2020
Letter of Visa (for delegates who need visa entry)
01 Jan 1970
Letter of Final Acceptance
23 Sep 2020
23 Oct 2020
23 Nov 2020
Professor of Urban Planning and Landscape, Department of Architecture, Roma Tre University, Italy.
Architect, Full Professor in Urban Planning Associate Professor, Head of the Research Agency, Coordinator of the Master's Degree Course in Architecture - Urban Design, Roma Tre University, Department of Architecture Member of the National Board of Directors of the National Urban Planning Institute (since 2014), member of the Board of Directors of INU Lazio (since 2011), member of the editorial board of the Urbanistica Tre magazine (since 2012), member of the Scientific Committee of the Sustainable Development Foundation (since 2014), member of the Council of the Order of Landscape Architects, Planners and Conservators of Rome and its province (since 2016); therein, delegate for urban planning.
Maddalena Gioia Gibelli
Landscape Architect and Professor at The School of Specialisation in Architectural Heritage and Landscape of Genoa, University of Genoa, Italy.
Professor at The School of Specialisation in Architectural Heritage and Landscape of Genoa, University of Genoa, Italy. Landscape architect, 1988. Her professional activity is mainly devoted to studies, plans and landscape projects at different scales. She is an Expert in territorial and environmental analysis, qualitative-quantitative methodologies for landscape assessment, strategic and impact environmental assessment, landscape planning and design, environmental recovery, with a particular focus on Landscape Ecology and issues related to the development of the territories of transition, to green and blue infrastructure projects and redevelopment of degraded areas of urban, rural and natural landscapes.
Professor of Architectural Technology, Department of Architecture, Roma Tre University, Italy.
Professor of Technology of Architecture, lecturing, previously at Università degli Studi of Rome "La Sapienza" and currently in the course of Technologies for the Built Environment Conversion at the Faculty of Architecture of Università degli Studi Roma Tre. Lecturer at Postgraduation Courses: "Interactive sustainable design and multimedia systems", "New urban policies" and "Design without architectural barriers", and at the European Social Fund Course "Urban acoustic recovery plan"; Tutor in the European Social Fund Stage in the Professional Training Course "Technician for the territory transformation and governance".
- Each research paper should have one main author who should pay the full fee (Author fees) regardless of attendance.
- Each co-author (1-5 max) has his/her own separate fees to pay as shown in a table below.
- A research paper fee allows only one author, whether main or co-author, to attend the conference and receive only one copy of the conference proceedings book in both hard and soft copies. Extras can be requested for a fee shown below.
Loyalty Membership Discounts
The more you attend, the more you're rewarded! IEREK offers its loyal participants with the following discounts depending on his/her attendance:
*The aforementioned discounts are only applicable during Regular and Late Payment times. For more information, please refer to 'Important Dates'.
Online Conference attendance
Held online from the comfort of your own home, the fees below guarantee your virtual attendance for all days of the conference date above
Physical Conference (TBA)
Full of hope that the current crisis will pass, a physical version of the conference will be held at a later date for an additional physical attendance fee for all participants.
Attendance (authors and audience members)
*Authors may request that their kits be delivered, for an additional fee decided by the courier, and upon request. Alternatively, authors located in Egypt can pick them up from Cairo/ Alexandria office.
Shipping Conference Abstract book and certificate
Depending on Location
Additional Conference Kit (Excluding Delivery)
IEREK has an unyielding policy regarding plagiarism. We believe that copying/taking the ideas and work of other Authors without permission and credit is fraudulent.
The Reviewing committee and IEREK employees have the authority to reject a paper during its reviewing process, on the basis of the paper being subjected to either minor or major plagiarism.
Duplicating any content will lead to the paper’s refusal upon the complaint of the plagiarism victim.
Authors are respectfully requested to abide by the following steps/instructions in order to participate in the international conference "Green Urbanism - 4th Edition" and get their papers published...
Step 1: Abstract Submission
- The author (researcher) should submit an abstract file (paper summary) through our online system before the abstract submission deadline.
- Submitted abstract should not exceed 300 words.
- Submitted abstract should include the main keywords of the research (3-5 keywords).
- The abstract should clearly state the purpose, results, and conclusions of the work to be described in the final paper.
- The author should select the most relevant topic for the paper from the corresponding conference topics.
- The abstract file should be blind (DON'T include author(s) information).
- The author can use/download an abstract writing template to submit the abstract file accordingly.
- Once the abstract is submitted abiding the mentioned instructions, it will be sent to undergo the revision process by members of our scientific committee.
- The criteria for accepting abstracts for the conference are: A relevant topic of the conference should be proposed with clear writing, aims, and objectives of the study clearly presented, as well as a sound literature and methodology of the work.
- The author will receive abstract feedback and next step action by email within 2 weeks maximum from abstract submission date.
- If the scientific committee's feedback states that the abstract is accepted, the author will receive abstract acceptance notification by email stating that the abstract is accepted and to proceed with full/short paper submission.
Step 3: Paper Submission
There are 2 types of paper submission at this conference:
Short Paper – Consists of 4–5 pages, and suits researches that make significant contributions, but still in progress or can be reported briefly.
Full/Long Paper – The basic standard peer-reviewed paper and consists of 8 - 12 pages.
- The structure of a short paper should contain its abstract, keywords, introduction, problem statements and the hypothetical solution along with further studies that they will go through when they want to extend their paper to be published online.
- A short paper is only published in the conference proceedings book and will not have a chance to be published online by Springer or by IEREK’s Journals unless the author extends their work to a full-length paper and pay the corresponding fee.
- The full paper should state the major issue(s) addressed, the potential significance of the work, the theoretical and methodological approach(es) pursued, major findings, conclusions, implications, and relevant scholarly references.
- A full/long paper will get published in the conference proceedings book as well as published online by Springer or by IEREK’s Journals.
- The author should submit the full/short paper written on the writing template, through our online system before the paper submission deadline.
- The full/short paper should be written in English as it's the official language of the international conference "Green Urbanism (GU) - 4th Edition".
Step 4: Paper Elementary Review
- Once the full/short paper is submitted abiding the mentioned instructions, it is assigned for review by the reviewers of the scientific committee in aligning with IEREK revision SOP (double-blind process).
- The author will receive paper feedback and next step action by email within a 1-month maximum from paper submission date.
Note: In this phase of revision, the research paper will be evaluated based on its originality, structure, and relativity to the conference theme. If the paper gets an acceptance by one reviewer, a paper preliminary acceptance notification will be sent to the author accordingly.
Step 5: Payment
- Once the paper gets accepted, the author will be informed to pay the conferencefees so that it could be sent to another 2 members of the scientific committee in order to provide the author with comments/notes that could improve the paper and push it to the limits.
- As soon as payment is confirmed and done successfully, corresponding official documents can be issued from our end such as paper acceptance letter and invitation letter.
Step 6: Paper Final Review
- The paper will be sent for review by another 2 members of the scientific committee in aligning with IEREK revision SOP (double-blind process). Reviewers' comments/notes will be forwarded to the author in order to modify the full paper accordingly. Then, send us the final version of the paper.
All accepted papers of the international conference "Green Urbanism (GU) – 4th Edition" after the peer-review process will be either published as chapters in the Book Series “Advances in Science, Technology and Innovation (ASTI)” by Springer OR in The Academic Research Community (ARChive) by IEREK Press.
- To publish your research in ASTI or ARChive, and provide it with world-wide visibility, authors must submit a full/long paper that's 10 -12 pages long or extend their short-paper.
- Only authors of accepted papers who will register & submit a paper before the deadline of 30 July 2020 will be allowed to present during the conference sessions (see Important Dates and Conference Fees).
"ASTI" Book Series:
- The "ASTI" Book Series by Springer is edited & operated by highly-professional members of an International Editorial Board to ensure a high-quality publication material to be eventually published online and printable.
- The ASTI Book Series will be submitted for indexation in Web of Science (ISI), EI-Compendex, and Scopus databases.
- Only selected papers (Based on reviewing the committee's evaluation) will get the chance to be published in the "ASTI" Book Series by Springer. The authors will be notified by email accordingly.
- ARChive is an open-access journal that publishes conference proceedings in a wide range of topics and across all scientific disciplines, from Sciences, Engineering and Technology to Environment, Energy and Earth Sciences. Consequently, it accepts original research papers in a wide spectrum of subjects.
- The "ARChive" International Journal by IEREK Press is edited & operated by highly-professional members of an International Editorial Board to ensure a high-quality publication material.
- Accepted papers (Based on the reviewing committee's feedback) will get published in an issue of the "ARChive" International Journal. The authors will be notified by email accordingly.
Advances in Science, Technology and Innovation Book Series IEREK Series for Interdisciplinary Studies
- On 10 May 1842 (his 25th birthday), Julius Springer founded his bookstore and publishing house in Berlin, laying the foundation for today’s company.
- After 175 dynamic years, the name Springer stands for a globally active publisher dedicated to the advancement of science, putting its authors and editors at the heart of the company’s publishing activities.
- Springer is a leading global scientific, technical and medical portfolio, providing researchers in academia, scientific institutions and corporate R&D departments with quality content through innovative information, products and services.
- Springer has one of the strongest STM and HSS eBook collections and archives, as well as a comprehensive range of hybrid and open access journals.
- Springer is part of Springer Nature, a global publisher that serves and supports the research community. Springer Nature aims to advance discovery by publishing robust and insightful science, supporting the development of new areas of research and making ideas and knowledge accessible around the world.
- As part of Springer Nature, Springer sits alongside other trusted brands like Nature Research, BioMed Central, and Palgrave Macmillan.
About the Series:
Advances in Science, Technology & Innovation (ASTI) is a series of peer-reviewed books based on the best studies on emerging research that redefines existing disciplinary boundaries in science, technology, and innovation (STI) in order to develop integrated concepts for sustainable development. The series is mainly based on the best research papers from various IEREK and other international conferences or direct submissions and is intended to promote the creation and development of viable solutions for a sustainable future and a positive societal transformation with the help of integrated and innovative science-based approaches. Offering interdisciplinary coverage, the series presents innovative approaches and highlights how they can best support both the economic and sustainable development for the welfare of all societies. In particular, the series includes conceptual and empirical contributions from different interrelated fields of science, technology, and innovation that focus on providing practical solutions to ensure food, water, and energy security. It also presents new case studies offering concrete examples of how to resolve sustainable urbanization and environmental issues. The series is addressed to professionals in research and teaching, consultancies and industry, and government and international organizations. Published in collaboration with Springer, the IEREK Interdisciplinary Series for Sustainable Development will acquaint readers with essential new studies in STI for sustainable development.
Publishing your paper with a reputable and renowned publisher is necessary to maintain the high quality standards of the scientific process along with retaining your copyright. It is even more advantageous to increase the exposure of your paper to the rest of the scientific community either online, offline, or in both versions.
All of the papers present in the book either belong to the best research papers in IEREK’s conferences or the authors’ direct submissions.Fees for direct submission: - The revision process: 200$ (nonrefundable)- Once the paper is accepted and approved: 200$.
Click on the below image to learn more about the editors
For IEREK's Provious Publications, Please Click here
- Green Urbanism (GU) - 1st Edition held in Roma Tre University, Rome, Italy in October, 2016.
- Green Urbanism (GU) 3rd Edition held in University of Rome Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy in December, 2019.
Springer (In Progress)
Advances in Science, Technology & Innovation (ASTI) Series.
Advanced Studies in Efficient Environmental Design and City Planning.
Publication link: In Progress
Benefits Of Attending
Participating in conferences is very beneficial, especially, on the professional level; conferences are full of people promoting new ideas which will expand your knowledge and undoubtedly help your career.
Internationally Accredited Certificate: The participants are granted internationally recognized certificates which will be added to their certificates of experience or could be presented to the official authorities concerned.
Publication: The conference proceedings will be published by one of IEREK Press'Journals "ARChive". High-quality manuscripts, based on scientific committee evaluation, will get the chance to be published in the ASTI book series by "Springer".
Academic Reputation: Joining many conferences will make you a known figure in academic circles, not to mention the benefits for your C.V as it will show that you are an active member of the academic community.
Research Technologies: Conferences also can expand your resources by providing a great opportunity to promote gathered information on new technologies related to your research. Moreover, they let you test them out, share teaching tools and techniques.
Save Time: Reduced commuting time is one of the most obvious but significant benefits of online video conferencing. The hassle of travel and attending conferences in another country can take up valuable days and hours which can be avoided through video conferences.
Save Money: Budgets are always stretched to the breaking point in the academic arena, and so the time and money saved through the use of this technology are a massive driver to efficiency and new research possibilities; it makes some projects that would otherwise be impossible, possible.
Partners & Sponsors
As the saying goes,
Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much
Thus, IEREK would like to thank all the following esteemed partners & Sponsors for their cooperation and support which pushes this international event to the limit...
Springer (Publishing Partner)
A global publishing company that publishes books, e-books and peer-reviewed journals in science, humanities, technical and medical (STM) publishing.
Roma Tre University (Official Partner & Organizer)
Roma Tre University is a young university thought for young people. Founded in 1992, it has rapidly grown in terms of enrolments as well as in the number of academic courses offered. It has gained a very good reputation in the most prominent academic rankings, especially among the most recently founded institutions.