The Covid 19 pandemic, which is still ongoing today, is a catalyst that transforms various fields, including the creative industry. Although sustainability is not a newly developed topic, as an industry that contributes to economic, social, cultural, and even environmental development, the discussions about sustainable growth in the creative industry are required to be studied continuously. Literally translated, sustainable development can be defined as “development that meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.” Hence, the creative economy is not only one of the most rapidly growing sectors of the world economy, but it is also a highly transformative one in terms of income generation, job creation and export earnings. It empowers people to take ownership of their own development, and stimulates the innovation and creativity which can drive inclusive and sustainable growth.
The first edition of the international conference on ENVISION will work towards studying several aspect that influence the sustainable growth in creative industry by using Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) and will focus on:
Historical Approach for Sustainable Creative Industry Resources
Innovation and Technology for Sustainable Design
Good Design Through Green Design
Sustainable Entrepreneurship in Creative Industry
Material Exploration and Craftsmanship for Sustainable Design
Education for Sustainable Creative Industry
This multi-disciplinary conference aims to encourage ideas for sustainable development in the creative industry by emphasising the SDG, such as the SDG application in creative industries, the contributions of creative industry to achieve SDG, and the post-pandemic recovery strategies in this uncertain condition. It is expected that this conference will generate state-of-the-art insights to the creative industry players through exchange of knowledge with the experts in facing this uncertain condition.
Papers are invited on topics related, but not limited, to:
1. Historical Approach for Sustainable Creative Industry Resources
1.1 Heritage Design Studies 1.2 Cultural Identity 1.3 Local knowledge 1.4 Co-creation of heritage
2. Innovation and Technology for Sustainable Design
3. Design Approach for Sustainable Creative Industry
3.1 Nature-based Solution (NbS)
3.2 Design Development for Reducing Environmental Impact
3.3 Sustainability in Design Production
4. Sustainable Entrepreneurship in Creative Industry
4.1 Business Model for Sustainability
4.2 Sustainability and Consumerism
5. Material Exploration and Craftsmanship for Sustainability
5.1 Eco-friendly Material
5.2 Craftsmanship and Slow Made
6. Education for Sustainable Creative Industry
6.1 Digital transformation in design education
6.2 Entrepreneurial Design Education
All accepted papers of the Sustainability In Creative Industry after the peer-review process will be either published as chapters in the Book Series “Advances in Science, Technology and Innovation” (ASTI) by Springer or in The International Journal of Academic Research Community Publication (ARChive) online by IEREK Press.
The ASTI Book Series by Springer is by highly professional members of an International Editorial Board to ensure a high-quality publication material to be eventually published online and printable.
The ASTI Book Series is indexed Scopus and will be submitted for indexation in Web of Science (ISI) and EI-Compendex databases.
To publish your research in the online Journal or Book by 'Springer' and provide it with world-wide visibility, authors must submit an extended version of their short papers that are 8 -12 pages long.
If you are not sure whether you or one of your co-authors will be able to attend the conference, you should bear in mind that there is a fee to be paid for Audiences (Co-authors, Learners, and Interests). The accepted paper will not be included in the conference proceedings without paying the fee (see Conference Fees for more details). A research paper fee allows only one author, whether main or co-author, to attend the conference and receive only one copy of the conference abstract book in both hard and soft copies. Extras can be requested for a fee shown below.
IEREK has an unyielding policy regarding plagiarism. We believe that copying/taking the ideas and work of other Authors without permission and credit is fraudulent.The Reviewing committee and IEREK employees have the authority to reject a paper during its reviewing process, on the basis of the paper being subjected to either minor or major plagiarism.
Authors must refer to, and abide by, the following instructions in submitting their abstracts/ papers:
Step 1: Abstract Submission Process
- The author should prepare and submit an Abstract (250 300 words) through the website and before the abstract submission deadline.
- The abstract should clearly state the purpose, results, and conclusions of the work to be described in the final paper.
- The author should select the most relevant topic for the paper from the corresponding conference topics.
- The author can use/download an abstract writing template to submit the abstract file accordingly.
To downloadthe Abstract Writing Template, Click Here
Step 2: Abstract Review
- Upon submission, an abstract will undergo a preliminary evaluation process by members of our scientific committee.
-A relevant topic of the conference should be proposed with clear writing, aims, and objectives of the study clearly presented and sound literature and methodology of the work.
- The author will receive a notification by email, within 2 weeks, of:
Approval, after which they will be requested to prepare and submit their full/short paper submissions.
Rejection, if the topic proposed does not fit the theme of the conference.
Step 3: Paper Submission & Preliminary Review
There are 2 types of paper submission at this conference:
- A short paper submission consists of 4–5 pages and suits researches that make significant contributions, but still in progress or can be reported briefly.
- The structure of a short paper should contain its abstract, keywords, introduction, problem statements, and the hypothetical solution along with further studies that they will go through when they want to extend their paper to be published online.
- A short paper is only included in the conference Abstracts book and will not have a chance to be published online by Springer or by IEREK’s Journals unless the author extends their work to a full-length paper and pay the corresponding fee.
- The Full/ Long paper submission is 8 – 12+ pages in length.
- The full paper should state the major issue(s) addressed, the potential significance of the work, the theoretical and methodological approach(es) pursued, major findings, conclusions, implications, and relevant scholarly references.
- A full/long paper will be included in the conference abstracts book as well as get published online by Springer or by IEREK PRESS Journals.
- The author should submit the full/short paper written on the writing template, through our online system before the paper submission deadline.
- The full/short paper should be written in English as it's the official language of the conference.
Step 4: Similarity Check/ Plagiarism Detection
All Chapters will be screened for similarity using iThenticate; a Turnitin Plagiarism detection software, used for academic publishers. Springer Similarity guidelines are as follows:
Max. % from all sources: 10-15%
Max. % from one source: 3-5%
Higher than 30% (all sources): Reject completely
Lower than 30% (all sources): Ask for revision to decrease the similarities
Once Preliminary approval for presentation at the conference and/or consideration for publication is granted, authors will be expected to complete payment in reference to the Conference Fees.
Note: In this phase of revision, the research paper will be evaluated based on its originality, structure, and relativity to the conference theme. If the paper gets acceptance by one reviewer, a paper preliminary acceptance notification will be sent to the author accordingly.
- As soon as payment is confirmed and done successfully, corresponding official documents can be issued from our end such as:
A signed/stamped preliminary acceptance letter
Receipt of Payment
Visa Invitation Letter
Step 6: Rigorous Peer Review Process (Full-length papers only)
Only after payment is confirmed,
- and the full paper submission deadline is reached, a submitted full-length paper is assigned to an Editor from the Editorial Board, in alignment with IEREK’s revision SOP (double-blind process).
- Each paper/ chapter is evaluated by a minimum of two reviewers, after which a final decision by the responsible Editor is made. There is no maximum to the number of times a paper can be reviewed, depending on the quality of the submission.
- Once a decision is made by the Editors, IEREK Editors will communicate one of the following three final decisions:
Accepted without comments
Revise and Resubmit – Minor or Major revision
- If modifications are in order, authors will be sent the relevant instructions and a deadline will be set. Missed deadlines may result in complete exclusion from the final publication/ final rejection.
- A back and forth process, modifications will be sent back to the responsible Editor/ Series Editor and another round of evaluation conducted.
Abstract Submissions Deadline
14 May 2022
Last Notification for Abstract Acceptance
13 Jun 2022
Full Paper Submission Deadline
12 Aug 2022
Last Notification for Full-Paper Acceptance
11 Sep 2022
Early Payment Deadline
12 Aug 2022
Regular Payment Deadline
11 Sep 2022
Late Payment Deadline
11 Oct 2022
Letter of Visa (for delegates who need visa entry)
11 Sep 2022
Letter of Final Acceptance
11 Sep 2022
11 Oct 2022
10 Nov 2022
*ID must be shown
*Affiliation must be provided
*Affiliation must be provided
11 Sep 2022
11 Oct 2022
11 Sep 2022
Authors who cannot attend the conference in person can:
Virtually present their work (Table B) above.
Record their presentations by providing a voice-over PowerPoint and send it to [email protected]
Nominate one of their co-authors, or a single external individual, to present on their behalf.
C. Extra Fees
*Authors may request that their kits be delivered, for an additional fee decided by the courier, and upon request. Alternatively, authors located in Egypt can pick them up from Cairo/ Alexandria office.
Additional Conference Kit (Excluding Delivery) *Contact us for a quotation on shipping fees.
Payment Terms and Guidelines:
Authors who have registered and completed payment for virtual attendance CAN request a change to physical attendance. However, a change from physical to virtual is NOT possible.
After online registration and payment, the registration fee cannot be reimbursed.
Final Acceptance/ rejection of your full/ extended paper can only be given after the peer review process.
Inclusion in the conference program, acceptance letters issuance and consideration for publication must be preceded by registration and payment completion.
Payment of the registration fee can be made via the following methods (only after online registration):
Attending conferences is very beneficial, especially, on the professional level; conferences are full of people promoting new ideas which will expand your knowledge and undoubtedly help your career.
Open Discussions:We bring together leading academic scientists to exchange and share their experiences and research results in all fields. Furthermore, you get to converse with other researchers from different universities and countries. You learn from experts in the field. It is a great opportunity to find more about your field and listen to ideas that could help inspire research ideas of your own.
Internationally Accredited Certificate:The participants are granted internationally recognized certificates which will be added to their certificates of experience or could be presented to the official authorities concerned.
Publication: The conference proceedings will be published by one of IEREK Press' Journals, either in "Resourceedings" or "ARChive". High-quality manuscripts, based on scientific committee evaluation, will get the chance to be published either in Environmental Sciences & Sustainable Development (ESSD) by IEREK Press or as a book chapter in the ASTI book series by "Springer".
Research Technologies:Conferences also can expand your resources by providing a great opportunity to promote gathered information on new technologies related to your research. Moreover, they let you test them out, share teaching tools and techniques, or even obtain samples of textbooks.
Networking:Conferences help in networking which often increases your chances of collaboration in future projects. As you can engage with respectable professors and discuss with them the very latest research projects they could be working on.
Academic Reputation:Attending many conferences will make you a known figure in academic circles, not to mention the benefits for your C.V as it will show that you are an active member of the academic community.
Conference Proceedings Material:Delegates will have the choice of receiving the conference proceedings as either a hardcover book or in digital format on a CD. The CD will additionally contain proceedings from previous conferences in this series.
Moreover, all conference papers are archived online in the E-Library of IEREK‘s website where they are immediately and permanently available to the international scientific community.
Delegates in any event who cancel their registration due to special circumstances will receive refunds according to the following:
Up to 60 days before the event
59 days before the event
A refund is not possible if
- An acceptance letter has been issued (Authors only)
- The proceedings of the event have been published (Authors only)
- A submitted manuscript is rejected by the editorial board after going through peer review.